Weather Warning- Storm Dudley and Storm Eunice
Storm Dudley and Storm Eunice are expected to affect the UK over the next coming days. Storm Dudley is expected to hit today (16 February) late afternoon (from around 4pm to midnight). Wind gusts are expected to reach 60-70mph. On Friday, Storm Eunice is expected to hit some parts of the U.K. with heavy wind gusts.
If any of our customers need to contact us for an emergency, we are here 24/7 on 0300 303 8540. If your call is not an emergency, you might find it quicker to contact us online.
The Met Office have a range of advice to help you deal with the worst the weather throws at us. Tips and advice on how to stay safe, warm and healthy at home or outdoors.: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice
Be prepared advice:
- We urge you to check the weather and your route before making a journey – please only travel if it is safe and necessary to do so – please check traffic here: https://bit.ly/CumbriaTraffic
- Secure garden furniture/trampolines – anything that could cause damage
- Park vehicles in a garage if available; otherwise keep them clear of buildings, trees, walls and fences
- Please stay away from the fells (and high/coastal roads) to keep you and the mountain rescue volunteers safe.
- Please also refrain from water sports activities as well.
- Check your torch batteries, radio, non-cooking food, chargers etc.
- If it is safe to do so, please check on neighbours and older relatives too to make sure they’re OK.
- Do not touch any telephone or electrical cables that may have blown down
- If you see a problem on the road, please report it to: https://bit.ly/ReportAProblemCumbria
Contact details in case of emergency:
- Electricity North West on 105, but please only call if your query is urgent to help prioritise customers in the most vulnerable circumstances. For more information, please visit enwl.co.uk
- For further updates on power cuts, you can visit https://www.enwl.co.uk/powercuts or you can follow Electricity North West on Twitter or Facebook.
- For water supply issues contact United Utilities on 0345 672 3723
- Contact cumbria.police.uk/report-it or call 101 if you have concerns about your own safety and well-being, or the safety and well-being of someone you know. If there is an immediate risk to life call 999
- If you wish to report a problem on the county’s roads, please report online via the County Council website – https://bit.ly/ReportAProblemCumbria
- If you are open to Cumbria County Council’s Adult Social Care, have care and support needs and these needs cannot be met due to the power outage, please contact Adult Social Care on 0300 303 3589
- Keep up-to-date with the weather at metoffice.gov.uk
- For latest traffic and roads information visit cumbria.police.uk/traffic
During the storm, please:
- Stay indoors as much as possible
- If you do go out, try not to walk or shelter close to buildings and trees
- Keep away from the sheltered side of boundary walls and fences – if these structures fail, they will collapse on this side
- Do not go outside to repair damage while the storm is in progress
- If possible, enter and leave your house through doors in the sheltered side, closing them behind you
- Open internal doors only as needed, and close them behind you
- Take care when driving on exposed routes such as bridges, or high open roads, delay your journey or find alternative routes if possible
- Slow down and be aware of side winds, particular care should be taken if you are towing or are a high sided vehicle
- Do not drive unless your journey is really necessary