Cold To Cosy Homes
Cold to Cosy Homes provides energy advice visits for households and can provide immediate installation of a wide range of practical energy-saving improvements, this service is run by Cumbria Action for Sustainability (CAfS)
To find out more information or to apply for Cold to Cosy Homes click here.
What is involved?
A FREE home energy efficiency advice visit from a qualified CAfS assessor who can:
- Provide energy saving advice – including using heating systems, setting thermostats and radiator valves, dampness and ventilation, insulation, checking fuel tariff and switching
- Fit free energy saving measures, such as LED bulbs and draught proofing
- Refer for the free fitting of professionally installed energy saving improvements
- Help check energy tariffs and offer switching advice
- Refer for larger energy efficiency measures, such as insulation and heating
- Refer for income, benefit and debt advice, Warm Home Discount, Priority Services Register, Fire Service visit and help with other home hazards
- Refer to a variety of schemes provided by local agencies and charities
Who is eligible?
Any home, regardless of tenure, where any member of the household meets the eligibility criteria, which are based on household income and benefits, vulnerability and a range of health conditions. The eligibility for Cold to Cosy Homes is the same as for LEAP visits and details are at the end of this sheet.
To find out more about any aspect of Cold to Cosy Homes, please contact the CAfS office on 01768 210276 (Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org