Tenants Content Insurance

South Lakes Housing reminds all customers to take out Household Contents Insurance

Many customers believe that South Lakes Housing automatically insure their furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

Unfortunately some customers only realise this after the damage has been done. We make it easy for you to insure your belongings under a special household contents insurance scheme. The insurance is arranged with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc and is available only to South Lakes Housing customers.

There are 2 cover levels for you to decide from. Simple cover does not include any cover for Accidental Damage. You also have the option to add cover for Personal Belongings, Hearing Aids, Wheelchairs or Pedal Cycle to Simple or Simple+.


  • Most of your household goods and contents including pedal cycles and computer equipment are insured when in your home.
  • They are covered against loss or damage caused by specific events such as theft, fire and flood.
  • Also insured are lost or stolen keys, freezer contents, your own legal liability to the public and the cost of alternative accommodation.
  • Improvements you have made to your home such as fitted kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes, laminate flooring, patio doors etc (but not greenhouses or conservatories).

Simple +

  • Simple+ includes Accidental Damage cover.

For general enquiries and to apply, please visit the Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Ltd website or call 03456 718 172. Calls may be recorded or monitored.