We understand that we are in uncertain and worrying times but the safety of our customers is our main priority. As we are all now spending more time at home it is essential that your gas appliances are working correctly and safely. There is a legal requirement, which hasn’t changed due to Coronavirus, for us to carry out essential gas safety checks in your home and these are vital to protect you and your family. For more information on our legal requirements for gas safety checks please click here.
If you have a gas safety check booked we will be in contact with you prior to an engineer arriving to ensure that it is safe for us to carry out the appointment and you are happy for the appointment to go ahead.
If you are a vulnerable customer and are self-isolating due to coronavirus please contact us and let us know so that we can reschedule your appointment to carry out the gas safety checks once the isolation period is over.
If your gas safety check is due, we will continue to contact you to arrange an appointment.
When a gas safety check is taking place we will follow these procedures:
- We aim to complete the appointment as soon as possible as your safety is our top priority.
- You are not required to be in the room whilst our gas engineer carries out the inspection.
- Our gas engineers will only enter rooms where they need to carry out inspections and will comply with social distancing.
- Our gas engineers will follow full Safe Systems of Work protocols and will follow all Public Health England hygiene guidelines. – They will leave your home clean and tidy and will sanitise any surfaces and areas they have come in contact with.
If you refuse access we will continue to contact you about your gas safety check, we will make a note and rearrange your appointment based on the information you provide us. We have a legal requirement to carry out important gas safety procedures.
If you can allow us access into your home to carry out these gas safety checks, please do. However, if you have any worries and wish to change your appointment or have any questions please do get in touch with us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0300 303 8540
For more information regarding gas safety checks please visit the Gas Safe Register Website