South Lakes Housing Celebrates 10th Anniversary
South Lakes Housing (SLH) celebrates its 10th anniversary as an independent social housing provider this month.
SLH will mark the milestone with a series of events later in the year with their customers and communities at the heart of it all.
Since 2012, the organisation which manages over 3,500 homes, delivered all its original promises to tenants and have achieved many milestones. It now sets the bar even higher for future years.
Some key achievements include:
- £15m invested in maintaining homes.
- £13m invested in keeping homes safe.
- £55m spent on investment works.
- Installed 1,147 new kitchens and 745 new bathrooms.
- £2M invested in adapting homes to help people to live well in their own homes for longer.
- Upgrading boilers and central heating systems to 2,952 homes.
- Developed/acquired over 200 new homes.
- Provided £100k of support for community projects.
- Investing £3.9M on environmental improvements.
- 100% of our homes meet the Decent Home Standard.
- 96% of our homes have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) with 98% having a rating of D or above.
Cath Purdy, Chief Executive of SLH said, “It’s been an absolute honour to lead SLH into its 10th year and beyond. I want to say a huge thank you to our customers, colleagues, current and former Board members, partners and stakeholders for their involvement and support in helping to achieve all we have over the last 10 years.
We have come a long way following the stock transfer from South Lakeland District Council (SLDC) in 2012 and it’s wonderful to reflect on the progress we have made in improving local homes and delivering new homes.
As well as looking back with pride to what has been achieved in the last 10 years, we are also looking forward to the next 10 years doing what we do best – providing quality homes, a platform for life.
We are renewing our commitment to customers, reshaping our services and ensuring that we are well placed to respond to the needs of our customers and communities.”
SLH remain as ambitious as ever and have set out clear goals in their 5-year Business Strategy with strategic themes of ‘Growing, Greening & Transforming’, plans to build 500 new homes, investing to help achieve all homes at Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Band C by 2025 and 92% customer satisfaction.< Back to News