National Customer Service Week 2023
Today marks the start of National Customer Service Week (2-6 October 2023) which celebrates Customer Service across the UK with a series of themes:
Monday 2nd October – The Future of Artificial Intelligence (AI) – we’re celebrating with My Account
My Account has been created with you, our customers in mind. Whether you want to pay your rent, manage your tenancy or book a repair, it can all be completed within the portal. My Account is a free, safe and secure portal that can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
- Safely manage your home– Using My Account is safe and simple, allowing you to manage your tenancy details and information all in one place. Use our Customer Forms to easily report information or make an application.
- Make a payment– Pay your rent in a way that suits you anytime, anywhere. Our payment site is available through My Account, it takes a few minutes and updates your balance within 24 hours.
- Report a repair– My Account is the easiest and fastest route for you to diagnose a repair using our graphical selection tool. This service is available 24/7. Coming Soon: Book your appointment time online.
- Keeping up to date– Keep your account information up to date and select your contact preferences. Instant access all recent communication and documents sent to you.
It’s really easy to register and you can access it from our website (www.southlakeshousing.co.uk) on your laptop, tablet or mobile.
All you will need is:
- your name
- your date of birth
- an email address
- your SLH tenancy number: please contact us for this
- and your activation code: please contact us for this
If you need any help with your account, contact us and we’ll be able to help.
Tuesday 3rd October – Service With Respect Day which aims to create a safe working environment for all customer-facing workers.
Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect when at work.
Wednesday 4th October – Customer Service as a Profession – See what Louise our Customer Insight Partner, has to say about how working in customer services helped her career development.
“Hello, I’m Louise and I’ve been working for South Lakes Housing (SLH) since 2018. When I joined, I started as a Customer Services Advisor and in this role, I was a first point of contact for customers to help solve any queries or problems they had. I’m naturally an empathetic and caring person and this role helped me to develop my people skills even more which resulted in improved communication with customers. The Customer Service Advisor role was a fantastic platform that helped me to progress with my career into housing and provided me with the tools I needed to take that next step.”
Thursday 5th October – Driving Sustainable Growth – Check out our new Sustainability page to update you on what we are doing at South Lakes Housing to tackle Climate Change.
We’ll be adding to the webpage over the coming weeks and months to create a Sustainability Hub that reflects our Sustainability and Environmental Goals and provides helpful and practical information that can be used at work and home to shape our communities’ environmental future.
Friday 6th October – Customer Service Recognition Day – we’re celebrating our Customer Service heroes with positive feedback from our customers.