Introducing Lantei- Our new approved contractor for Electrical Servicing
As your landlord, we are required by law to ensure your home’s electrical installation and wiring are safe when you move in and that they are maintained in a safe condition throughout your tenancy. We will be working with our newly approved contractor, Lantei, to carry out electrical servicing in your home.
Lantei will check the safety of all electrical installations in your home, such as light fittings, sockets, and the consumer unit to produce a detailed report called an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
You will be contacted before the last report expires by our contractor Lantei who will arrange a suitable time for the inspection to take place.
When Lantei visit to check the electrics in your home they will conduct a visual inspection of the electrics, checking:
- The electrical intake (where the electricity enters the property, near to the consumer unit/ fuse box)
- The consumer unit
- The main protective bonding (which connects pipework with the electrics in a property)
- Any fixtures and fittings (such as light fittings and sockets)
- The state of wires and cables
- Carry out any necessary repairs or remedial work.
There may be occasions where there are specialist parts required or more time required for remedial works. If this happens, the engineer will reattend within 10 working days, on a day that suits you to rectify any problems.
What you must do:
- Report any electrical problems as soon as they appear
- Allow access to undertake the periodic Electrical installation condition report
- Allow access to undertake any electrical remedial works/ repairs that require rectifying
If you ever notice a problem with any of your electrics contact the SLH Customer Services team on 0300 303 8540 who will be happy to assist you.< Back to News