How To Avoid Catching Or Spreading Germs
Here are some tips to help keep germs from spreading, especially during the cough, cold and flu season.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Always wash your hands after sneezing, blowing your nose, or coughing, or after touching used tissues or handkerchiefs
- Use warm water and soap to wash your hands. If you dont have soap and water, use alcohol-base hand gel or disposable wipes.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Share things like towels, lipstick, toys, or anything else that might be contaminated with respiratory germs
- Share food, utensils or beverage containers with others
< Back to News