The safety and wellbeing of our customers, colleagues and contractors remains our number one top priority and we understand that many of you will have concerns around coronavirus. We are taking steps to minimise the disturbance of our services and the potential spread of coronavirus to our customers, colleagues and contractors.
We are constantly monitoring this situation and will continue to follow the latest advice and guidance provided by the Government.
We have reviewed our guidelines on the wearing of face coverings. Face masks will be worn by staff when in personal contact with customers who may have coronavirus and when entering and exiting our buildings.
We will also enforce the 2-metre rule in the workplace and when in personal contact with customers, including in their homes.
When you contact us to arrange a visit to your home we will ask whether you are self-isolating, shielding or have coronavirus. If your situation changes and you need to self-isolate, shield or have coronavirus, please inform us prior to our visit and we will be able to determine whether your repair is still to be carried out or be re-arranged.
We would like to let you know that at the moment we are experiencing delays in our repairs service. This is due to some of our operatives having to self- isolate and we would ask that you are patient with us during this time.
We understand your frustrations on this matter and can only apologise for the delays you may face.
We will carry out your repair as soon as possible. If it gets worse while you are waiting for your repair to be carried out, please contact us immediately.
This is an uncertain situation for everyone but rest assured we will do everything we can to keep your home safe and support you as best we can during this difficult time.
When we are in your home, we will:
- Sanitise our hands before entering and on leaving your home
- Wipe down any surfaces we touch (with anti-viral / bacteria wipes)
- Stay at least 2 metres away at all times
- Aim to complete the appointment as quickly as possible
When we are in your home, please help us by:
- Staying at least 2 metres away at all times
- Making sure other members of your household remain in a separate room
- Opening all internal doors to minimise contact
- Telling us if anyone in your household has symptoms,) are self-isolating or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed
Our “new normal” services:
- Reception– Our reception at Bridge Mills office remains closed but we can be contacted via email, live chat on our website, phone or post (due to many of our staff principally working from home, contacting us by post is likely to extend our response times).
- Investment work (i.e new kitchen or bathroom) – We will be in contact with customers directly who are due to have investment work take place in their home.
- Face-to-Face Meetings– for sign-ups, viewings, inspections and repairs only.
- PPE– Our colleagues are all following safe systems of work protocols and will wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
The following websites contain useful guidance:
- Find out about the virus and how to protect yourself on the NHS website
- See the government’s response on the GOV.UK website
If you have any concerns of support needs about yourself or those close to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us to see if we can help.