Fire doors are a critical element in fire safety and can delay the spread of fire and smoke, protecting your life and home.
Importance of fire doors:
- To save lives, fire doors must work correctly
- They must be fitted with the correct and compatible components suited to the door leaf and its purpose
- Like any fire safety device, they should be installed and maintained by competent people
- Never prop open a fire door.
As part of our fire risk assessment, it is important we carry out safety checks to all fire doors in your building, including flat entrance doors to your home.
Remember these three simple fire door safety rules…
- When you go to bed shut your doors
- In the event of a fire, make sure all fire doors are closed
- If you think anything is wrong with a fire door, please report it to us by calling 0300 303 8540