Pet Nuisance

Dog Barking

South Lakes Housing would consider this as Anti-Social Behaviour if the barking is persistent. Persistent means the disturbance is repetitive over continuous periods and is more than a one off incident.

If you feel safe to do so try and speak to your neighbour to let them know how their pets activities or behaviour is affecting you. They might not be aware they are disturbing you and likely to appreciate you letting them know.

Dog Fouling

Try speaking to your neighbour to make them aware of their responsibility. If you have tried speaking to them or do not feel able to, you can make a report.

If the offence took place on our land, please report this incident to us. Once we receive your report, we will make contact with your neighbour.

If the offence took place in a public area such as a pavement or park, please report this to South Lakeland District Council.

Dangerous Dogs

Under the law any dog (of any breed or type) can be considered dangerous in any place if it is not kept under control. The dog doesnt have to bite anyone; it could just show aggressive behaviour that makes someone feel in fear for their safety.

If you are in fear of your safety, please contact the Police immediately to report the dangerous dog. Once you have reported it to the Police, please report this to us with the Police log number.

Other Pet Issues

If you are experiencing any other problems with animals/pets please refer to our *Pet Policy*.

How to Report

South Lakes Housing aims to investigate reports of nuisance over a 2 week period. During this time you will need to continue to report any incidents of nuisance you are experiencing through the online reporting form or via The Noise App. Any incidents reported will be attached to an ASB case as evidence.

Once the initial 2 week period is over a review of the case will be carried out by our Tenancy Management Team to decide what course of action will be taken. You will be informed of the outcome.