Domestic Abuse Support
If you are self-isolating due to Coronavirus and feel at risk from a partner or family member in the home, dont suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help.
In an emergency, always dial 999 – if you are unable to speak always press ’55’ when prompted to confirm an emergency.
It is important to remember:
- Domestic violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen on a regular basis or once every so often.
- It can happen to anybody, in different types of relationships.
- People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their age, gender, social group, class, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle.
- The abuse can begin at any time in new relationships or after many years together.
- Children are affected by domestic abuse both in the short and long term.
If you are a South Lakes Housing tenant you can contact us for support or for us to signpost you for advice. You can contact us by calling us on 0300 303 8540 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Springfield Domestic Abuse Support- South Lakeland| https://springfieldsupport.org/ | 01539 720313
- Victim Support- supportline | https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help/supportline | 0808 168 9111
- Womens Aid | womensaid.org.uk | 0808 200 0247 (24hours) | www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/
- Refuge (includes information for men) | www.refuge.org.uk | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- National Domestic Violence helpline on 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Mens Advice Line- advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse. |www.mensadviceline.org.uk | 0808 801 0327
- GALOP (LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline) | https://www.galop.org.uk/domesticabuse/ | 0800 999 5428
- Mankind advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse. | https://www.mankind.org.uk/ | 01823 334244
- Police 101 (non-emergency)
- Contact @CrimestoppersUK, anonymously on 0800 555 111