Thank you to all our customers who continue to be patient with us and our contractors to help keep everyone safe during the pandemic.
Customers can now report repairs to us as normal, but things may take longer than usual as our additional safety measures continue. We continue to operate in line with government advice and guidelines, taking all necessary safety precautions to protect you, our colleagues and contractors whilst working in your home.
In line with social distancing and safety guidelines, we will only meet customers in person if it’s absolutely necessary, such as to carry out a repair, undertaking support work, or to show a potential customer a new property. Otherwise, we will provide the service to you over the phone, via email or through our new video calling systems.
SLH will continue to regularly review the Government rules and the impact of the virus locally and will continue to listen carefully to the views of our customers, colleagues and contractors.
To protect you, our colleagues and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have safe methods of working in place that follow the guidelines set out so you can be confident that if we come to your home, we have taken robust steps to keep you safe.
- Call ahead to check if anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms
- Always stay at least 2 metres away,– please respect this when someone is in your home – if you and your children cannot maintain social distancing while our operatives are in your home then they are under instruction to leave the property
- Sanitise our hands before entering and when leaving your home
- Wipe down any surfaces we touch
- Ask that you and other members of your household, including children remain in another room while our trade colleague is in your home
- Complete any work as quickly as possible
- Wear appropriate PPE
We are also encouraging colleagues to get vaccinated and to regularly undertake a covid test