Coronavirus Update- 07.01.2022
We are continuing to take all necessary safety precautions to make sure our customers, colleagues and contractors are safe at all times.
England has moved to Plan B in response to the Omicron variant. Further information is available here Coronavirus: how to stay safe and help prevent the spread – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). To summarise:
- From 10 December, face coverings will be required by law in most indoor settings.
- From 13 December, office workers who can work from home should do so.
- From 15 December, certain venues and events will be required by law to check that all visitors aged 18 years or over are fully vaccinated, have proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours, or have an exemption.
- The Government is encouraging as many people as possible to get vaccinated and to book a booster vaccine.
- The guidance on testing positive or having symptoms has changed, you can stop self-isolating after 7 days instead of 10 days if you get 2 negative lateral flow test results on day 6 and 7.
Due to the continual high infection rates being experienced, we will continue to operate with covid secure safety controls in place. Our preference is still to avoid close contacts and undertake safe distancing and digital means where possible. We also recognise that infection rates have risen and there is a requirement to isolate, so this may impact of the quality of service received. Please bear with us and we thank you in advance for your patience.
Please let us know if you need to reschedule any appointments because you or anyone in your household is self-isolating or have had a confirmed positive Covid-19 test result. We can then reschedule your appointment and reallocate this time to another customer.
SLH will continue to regularly review the Government guidance and the impact of the virus and will continue to listen carefully to the views of our customers, colleagues and contractors.
To protect you, our colleagues and to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we have safe methods of working in place, so you can be confident in our interactions with you that we have taken robust steps to keep you safe.
- Wear a face covering before entering your home.
- Our colleagues will ask at the time of booking appointments and before entering your property if you or anyone in your household is self-isolating or have had a confirmed positive Covid-19 test result.
- Colleagues can continue to request that customers maintain social distancing and/or relocate to another room whilst the works are undertaken.
- Sanitise our hands before entering and when leaving your home.
- Wipe down any surfaces we touch.
- Complete any work as quickly as possible.
- All we ask in return is that (if you are having one of our members of staff or a contractor in your home) then please respect social distancing and help ventilate rooms.
Our reception remains open by appointment only and customers are required to wear a face covering unless exempt. If you would like to speak face to face with a member of the team please use one of the following options below to book an appointment: