We are continuing to take all necessary safety precautions to make sure our customers, colleagues and contractors are safe at all times. Safety first is our priority and our approach has been supported by the Tenants’ Committee.
As restrictions are starting to ease nationally, we have turned our focus to our services and how we can look to resume them safely for our customers. For the last few weeks, we have reintroduced all repairs appointments and surveying work. This has helped us get through the backlog of repairs orders. From 19th July the following services will resume:
- Tenancy Management Officer home visits
- Increase the number of face-to-face property viewings
- Tenant meetings, including consultations
- Estate and block inspections
- Community engagement activities
Due to the continual high infection rates being experienced locally, we will continue to operate with ‘covid secure’ safety controls in place. So this is not a return to pre-pandemic service delivery. Our preference is still to avoid close contacts and undertake safe distancing and digital means where possible. We also recognise that locally there has been increases in the number of people who are infected or require to isolate so this may impact of the quality of service received. Please bear with us and we thank you in advance for your patience.
Please let us know if you need to reschedule any appointments because you or anyone in your household is self-isolating or have had a confirmed positive Covid-19 test result. We can then reschedule your appointment and reallocate this time to another customer.
SLH will continue to regularly review the Government guidance and the impact of the virus locally and will continue to listen carefully to the views of our customers, colleagues and contractors.
To protect you, our colleagues and to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we have safe methods of working in place, so you can be confident in our interactions with you that we have taken robust steps to keep you safe. We are reviewing these again in light of the new ‘working safely’ guidance that was published by the Government on 14th July.
- Ask if you wish for our colleagues to wear a face covering before entering your home. If requested to do so, then a face covering will be worn by our colleagues for the duration of the visit
- Our colleagues will ask before entering your property if you or anyone in your household is self-isolating or have had a confirmed positive Covid-19 test result
- Colleagues can continue to request that customers maintain social distancing and/or relocate to another room whilst the works are undertaken
- Sanitise our hands before entering and when leaving your home
- Wipe down any surfaces we touch
- Complete any work as quickly as possible
- All we ask in return is that (if you are having one of our members of staff or a contractor in your home) then please respect social distancing and help ventilate rooms
For now, our reception remains closed. If you need to contact us please continue to use the website, email or phone. We will also publish details later in the summer of our customer experience strategy entitled Customer First Commitment.