South Lakes Housing recommends that our customers follow guidance and updates given by the NHS and the government regarding coronavirus.
The following websites contain useful guidance:
- Find out about the virus and how to protect yourself on the NHS website
- See the government’s response on the GOV.UK website
- Read Public Health England’s Q&A blog for the latest updates
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus (NHS Information)
Everyone should do what they can to stop coronavirus spreading.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- stay 2 metres (3 steps) away from other people, if you need to go outside
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean