The results of our 2013 Staff Survey shows that 96% of staff think SLH is a great place to work. In September 2013 SLH was awarded the prestigous 'Training and Development' category within the Westmorland Gazette's Business and Tourism Awards.
SLH is also committed to helping young people, mature people and disabled people access to work. Since 2004 over 80 people have come to work for SLH either as apprentices or for work experience.
SLH aims to:
- Continue to provide training opportunities for young people.
- Support local education institutions by providing training opportunities within SLH and its contractors.
- Use apprentices for succession planning and supporting a better skilled workforce.
- Using new talent as part of our growth strategy and piloting new ways of working.
- Work with our contractors to maximise local employment, training and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Introduce a Graduate Placement Programme within our Asset Management Directorate.
South Lakes Housing is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity in employment.
SLH encourage applications from black and ethnic minority groups, disabled people and people wishing to job share.
South Lakes Housing job application forms and guidance.